Welcome to our Wholesale Account registration page.
Please enter your full company details below in order to gain access to our wholesale quoting system. You will receive a password upon submitting the form, after which your details will be verified by us. If your application is successful, you may return to this page and log in using the email address you have provided and the password you have been given. This password can be changed once you are logged in.
From your account dashboard you can view your recent orders, manage your billing addresses, and edit your account details.
Wholesale supply is subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wholesale prices are available on registration and approval to retailers with a physical store and not online stores. If you have a physical retail store, please register here.
We offer a 10% discount on retail prices to designers and architects.
- R 5000.00 ex VAT on local wholesale orders.
- R10 000.00 ex VAT on orders for export.
- The same applies to designers, architects and hospitality partners.
- 50% deposit upon placing an order.
- 50% outstanding balance before dispatch.
- Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Please note that we do not hold stock aside prior to receipt of a deposit.
8 - 12 weeks from receipt of deposit.
- Design Afrika does not arrange shipping, however, we can put you in contact with several shippers.
- Once your order is paid in full you will be notified that your order is ready for collection. You will be responsible for collection within 1-2 days from receiving your collection notification.
Important to note:
- Design Afrika does not hold stock aside.
- We do not ship goods, however, we can put you in contact with several shippers.
- Failure to confirm your quote timeously by way of deposit may result in stock being reallocated to another order.
- All products are handcrafted in remote areas in Africa. Variations in size and design will occur.
- Our artisans work in very remote places, therefore, unexpected delays can occur.
- Prices are subject to change. Please enquire regarding correct pricing.
Packing and Shipping:
- Freight costs can be high as Cape Town is a long way from Europe, Australia and the United States.
- We package orders in double walled second-hand cardboard cartons as a recycling measure.
- Baskets are difficult to pack and are space inefficient. Sometimes it is possible to squash the baskets in order to minimize volume. This will mean that the customer will need to wet the baskets and reshape them. Please indicate on your order if you do not want this to happen or if you would like us to squash them and include a hand water spray.
- Please ensure your transporter stores your packaged basketry in a dry environment.
- Unpack your order immediately on arrival and allow to air.
- Keep baskets out of harsh environments such as excessive sunlight, moisture and insects.