Design Afrika Terms and Conditions
- Wholesale prices are for genuine retail trade buyers with brick-and-mortar stores, and apply to a minimum order of South African Rand 10,000.00.
- Prices are ex-works Cape Town, South Africa, and exclude transport and insurance.
- Prices are subject to change without warning, and it is the responsibility of the customer to obtain correct pricing prior to further planning.
- Orders are confirmed only with a 50% deposit, of which customers MUST supply proof by e-mail. Once the order is in production, this deposit is non-refundable. Payment of the balance is due strictly prior to despatch of the goods.
- Please be aware that we do not hold any stock prior to confirmation by deposit. Failure to confirm your quote timeously may result in stock being reallocated to another order.
- Design Afrika holds only a certain amount of stock at any time. Goods not in stock are subject to an 8-12 week production lead time. Payment in full will not hurry the weaving process. We reserve the right to remove items from an order that are proving difficult to produce.
- All products are handcrafted, thus variations in design and colour may occur, with variances of up to 5cm in size. African baskets are made by hand in remote areas in the traditional manner. NO TWO BASKETS ARE IDENTICAL AND SHAPES CAN VARY. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CHOOSE DESIGNS OR SHAPES.
NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND DEPOSITS WILL BE FORFEITED IF CUSTOMERS CHANGE THEIR MINDS. THIS APPLIES EVEN IF DELIVERY TIMES EXCEED THE 12 WEEK PERIOD.
Packing and delivery
- Design Afrika does not ship goods. We will put you in touch with our recommended shippers. WE DO NOT PROVIDE CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN AS OUR BASKETS COME FROM ALL OVER AFRICA.
- PLEASE NOTE CAPE TOWN IS A LONG WAY FROM EUROPE, THE USA AND AUSTRALIA, AND FREIGHT COSTS ARE HIGH.
- Baskets are difficult to pack and are space inefficient. Sometimes it is possible to squash the baskets to minimize their volume. This will mean that you, the customer, will need to wet the baskets and reshape them. Please indicate on your order if you do not want this to happen or if you would like us to squash them and include a hand water spray.
- We package orders in double walled second-hand cardboard cartons as a recycling measure.
- Please ensure that your transporter is aware that it is imperative that the goods be kept in a dry environment at all times.
- Your order should be unpacked immediately upon arrival and allowed to air.
- Baskets require special care, and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are not exposed to harsh environments such as excessive sunlight, moisture, and insects.